Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making sure right synch of photos between Macbook Pro and iPhone

Hi. If I have deleted lots of photos from my Mac Book Pro (2019 photos) and want to make sure they also come off of my iPhone, what do I need to do? I have iCloud switched on on both the laptop and iPhone. I don't have My Photo Stream turned on though. What I don't want to happen is have all the photos that are still on my iPhone being re-uploaded to the laptop! Do I just need to wait a bit? How long for the laptop and iphone to synch the changes on the Macbook? Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 9:16 AM

Hi John-PaulfromLondon,

Thanks for posting. I saw your question about iCloud Photos, and I'm happy to assist.

For clarification, are you saying you've deleted photos from your Mac but they don't appear to have deleted from your iPhone?

By any chance, were the photos in question originally synced to your iPhone using iTunes? If so, you would need to remove those photos by connecting the iPhone to a computer and un-syncing: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Otherwise, a photo deleted from iCloud Photos on one device should delete from all synced devices. If that doesn't seem to be happening, try opening a web browser on a computer and then Use iCloud.com and try deleting a photo or two. Then, make note of whether the photos are deleted from the Mac, the iPhone, or both. This would help determine what might be causing any issues with deleting photos from iCloud.

I hope this helps you.

Have a good day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 9:16 AM in response to John-PaulfromLondon

Hi John-PaulfromLondon,

Thanks for posting. I saw your question about iCloud Photos, and I'm happy to assist.

For clarification, are you saying you've deleted photos from your Mac but they don't appear to have deleted from your iPhone?

By any chance, were the photos in question originally synced to your iPhone using iTunes? If so, you would need to remove those photos by connecting the iPhone to a computer and un-syncing: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Otherwise, a photo deleted from iCloud Photos on one device should delete from all synced devices. If that doesn't seem to be happening, try opening a web browser on a computer and then Use iCloud.com and try deleting a photo or two. Then, make note of whether the photos are deleted from the Mac, the iPhone, or both. This would help determine what might be causing any issues with deleting photos from iCloud.

I hope this helps you.

Have a good day.

Making sure right synch of photos between Macbook Pro and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.