Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing deleting photos on iphone and Mac Photos

Hi there, I am finally submitting the Mac Photos after Apple left us with no real alternative (I am really not a fan of the whole blackbox Photos Library file management system, can't see how that is not going to be an issue in the future - I just want to see the files like every other process on a computer! but anyways, still seems like the least bad photo management tool for iPhone and Mac uses)

I have around 150GB of photos currently on my iphone (and a further 3TB of photos on external hard drives from previous iPhones as well as camera SD cards which I'll want to import ).

I estimate I'd want to delete around 30% of all the photos once imported onto my computer (both off my computer and off my iPhone) - out of focus pics, bad pics etc etc.

And in total I would want to delete 80% of the photos from my iPhone - just important/favorite photos.

I do not want to use/rely on iCloud - just doesn't seem feasible or viable when we are talking multiple TBs of files.

So is there a way to do this?

eg, once the photos are downloaded/imported into Photos, is there any way of syncing behaviour (if I delete a photo on the MacBook, that is automatically deletes on the iPhone)?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 3:12 AM

Hi

The only way to sync is with icloud. If you dont want to use icloud then you cant sync changes.

Similar questions

2 replies

Syncing deleting photos on iphone and Mac Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.