Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t use iTunes credit

I got my son an iTunes voucher for his iPad which I redeemed and it says his balance is £15, but when he comes to purchase anything it takes you to a payments option in which my options are Apple ID ( balance £15.00) or credit/ debit card, I click on Apple ID but it just comes up to redeem or add funds? I don’t need to do either as there is already credit there? As it’s a child’s account he needs me to approve all purchases (even free games) but I’m not even getting a notification to approve 🤔

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 12:35 PM

Do you actually have a credit or debit card on file in iTunes? If you are the organizer in the family sharing plan, you must have a card on file for payment. After that, you can redeem iTunes gift cards for purchases and your son can do likewise, but you still need to have a card on file.

Assuming that you do, maybe you should look in your account settings and make sure that all of the information is correct.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 12:35 PM in response to Beccastobs

Do you actually have a credit or debit card on file in iTunes? If you are the organizer in the family sharing plan, you must have a card on file for payment. After that, you can redeem iTunes gift cards for purchases and your son can do likewise, but you still need to have a card on file.

Assuming that you do, maybe you should look in your account settings and make sure that all of the information is correct.

Can’t use iTunes credit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.