Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina screensaver never starts

I'm using 10.15.2 and have noticed the screensaver never comes on, no matter what I set it to, and no matter how long the machine is idle. Any ideas? Is it possible that screen technology is now so good that the pixels cannot be burned by too-long display? (And, so screensavers no longer serve a real purpose?)

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 2:18 PM

This screensaver comes bundled with Catalina. I tried another experiment after posting: In Preferences>Security&Privacy>General I turned off "Require password after sleep or screen saver begins" (It's a home machine. I don't share it with anyone.) The screen saver started working. There is evidently some friction between the screen saver and the sleep.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 2:18 PM in response to D.I. Johnson

This screensaver comes bundled with Catalina. I tried another experiment after posting: In Preferences>Security&Privacy>General I turned off "Require password after sleep or screen saver begins" (It's a home machine. I don't share it with anyone.) The screen saver started working. There is evidently some friction between the screen saver and the sleep.

Catalina screensaver never starts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.