Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset old iPad without apple account

I'm trying to reset an old iPad but, the email that was sync with the apple account was deleted years ago. When I reset my iPad the iPad recognize automatically the old apple account and I can't sign in because I can't use the old email for recover the password.

How can I reset my iPad as new iPad and create a new account apple without going through my old email?

Thank in advance.

iPad

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 1:53 AM

How are you trying to reset your iPad? Is it asking for you to turn off Find My iPad to sign out or login into iCloud?

Are you trying to go through Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings or are you using the computer to Restore iPad?

Do you see Activation Lock on your iPad?

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Have you tried visiting iforgot.apple.com to reset the password? There might be other information that you can verify to prove your identity.

Alternatively, you can Get Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 1:53 AM in response to eliaperrone

How are you trying to reset your iPad? Is it asking for you to turn off Find My iPad to sign out or login into iCloud?

Are you trying to go through Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings or are you using the computer to Restore iPad?

Do you see Activation Lock on your iPad?

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Have you tried visiting iforgot.apple.com to reset the password? There might be other information that you can verify to prove your identity.

Alternatively, you can Get Support.

Reset old iPad without apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.