Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs Max's camera just gives me a black screen

Does anyone have an issue where the iPhone camera just gives you a black screen? Mine has been doing that almost every other month but it comes back to normal after a day or two.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 3:34 PM

Hello, adjoa32!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue with the camera having a black screen at times and then going back to normal. I suggest checking out these steps If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working. This article will advise you of the best steps to take for issue with the camera, as well as the steps to take if the issue continue.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 3:34 PM in response to adjoa32

Hello, adjoa32!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue with the camera having a black screen at times and then going back to normal. I suggest checking out these steps If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working. This article will advise you of the best steps to take for issue with the camera, as well as the steps to take if the issue continue.

Cheers!

Jan 14, 2020 3:42 PM in response to adjoa32

Do you keep you phone in a case? It is possible that there may be debris inside the device. Another issue may have been cause by a drop maybe. If you have Apple Care you should schedule an appointment for service, they would hypothetically replace the inner camera and return after your wait. It's technology man, sometimes there's glitches.

iPhone Xs Max's camera just gives me a black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.