Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music to IPod Classic

I am subscribed to Apple Music. Therefore I believe that all my music (uploaded from my CD's) is in Apple's Cloud and not on my Desktop computer.

I am trying to copy this music to my Classic Ipod to be able to play it offline.

Can I do this and how?

Thanks

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 8:42 AM

Because it's a subscription service (and so Apple have to be able to check that you are still subscribed in order to play songs) the songs you've downloaded cannot be copied nor moved to another device. They can be downloaded again on other devices, but not of course on an iPod Classic, only on devices with an internet connection.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 8:42 AM in response to truman256

Because it's a subscription service (and so Apple have to be able to check that you are still subscribed in order to play songs) the songs you've downloaded cannot be copied nor moved to another device. They can be downloaded again on other devices, but not of course on an iPod Classic, only on devices with an internet connection.

Apple Music to IPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.