Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time passcode keeps resetting.

My sons screen time randomly reactivated one night, asking for a restriction passcode I did not set. I’ve followed the instructions to reset the device using a pc twice. Both times it looks like it worked, but later his screen time kicks back on. My parent device is showing screen time to be disabled as well. Does anyone have a suggestion? He and I would appreciate it. The nearest Apple Store is 3 hours away.

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 9:56 AM

If the ScreenTime (i.e., Restrictions) password is set - and you have either forgotten or don’t know it - your only option is to Restore the device to factory settings, using iTunes, from a PC or Mac. If unknown, there is no other way to reset this passcode.

Be aware that if you optionally restore your data from an iTunes or iCloud backup during the restore process, this will also likely restore the ScreenTime Passcode (also backed-up and included with your KeyChain) to the device - leaving right where you are now.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252

I hope you find this helpful in resolving the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 9:56 AM in response to Phylli9180

If the ScreenTime (i.e., Restrictions) password is set - and you have either forgotten or don’t know it - your only option is to Restore the device to factory settings, using iTunes, from a PC or Mac. If unknown, there is no other way to reset this passcode.

Be aware that if you optionally restore your data from an iTunes or iCloud backup during the restore process, this will also likely restore the ScreenTime Passcode (also backed-up and included with your KeyChain) to the device - leaving right where you are now.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252

I hope you find this helpful in resolving the problem.

Screen time passcode keeps resetting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.