Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if my ipad screen is cracked will a glass screen protector worsen the damage

My iPad screen is cracked. Part of the glass has peeled off from the top right corner. Can I apply a glass screen protector without repairing the damage first? Will that make things worse?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 10:22 AM

Well, depending upon the severity of the damage, you might be able to apply a screen protector - but it will do little (if anything) to protect your screen from further damage. Will it make matters worse, perhaps unlikely, but it unlikely to make it any better either.

3 replies

Jan 12, 2020 10:42 AM in response to nana298

If the screen protector doesn’t work, or if it doesn’t meet your expectations, I’d wonder if removing it then risks pulling off pieces.

I’ve been using a cracked screen up in the corner on a “test” iPad for some years now, and that iPad kept working to its retirement. That iPad doesn’t get bumped, or even really moved around, though. And it’s in a case.

But I’ve seen other iPads with damaged screens that degrade and fail much more quickly.

What happens here? Difficult to predict...

if my ipad screen is cracked will a glass screen protector worsen the damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.