Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo storage

Hi, just upgraded and got my very first iphone 11. Im off to New York next month so i thought I’d better upgrade to iCloud storage to 200Gb so i could back up all my photos and videos to the cloud every night as i only have 64GB model. So knowing my photos would be up in the cloud if i ran out of space on my phone i could delete huge volumes off my phone but know they was safe in the cloud to download when i get home, but a friend said when I delete them from my phone they’ll delete from icloud. So is this correct? If I delete anything off my phone its deleted from icloud? If so whats the point ? I assumed that 200gb would be great but if i only have 64gb phone id only ever have 64gb in the cloud because it’ll just keep getting deleted. Help! It said on my photo upgrade storage so i did. Surly there is a way round this🤞🏻 Thanks for any advice.

iPhone noob.

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 2:03 PM

To save space on your iPhone: optimize photo storage. Here's how to do it https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Don't delete as iCloud is a sync service

3 replies

Jan 12, 2020 2:52 PM in response to KrisDaMofo

running low on space the phone will free up space itself by lowering the quality of the pics and i can just keep taking photos and videos until i can get home and download to PC or storage device?

Yes... but there is a finite amount of storage space on your phone even with optimization. It's not magic.

You could possibly still run out of space on the phone.

Photo storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.