Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud storage

hii,

if i will upload all my photos to icloud, and my ipad is synchronized with my apple ID as well,

will it take space out of my ipad storage?

for exapmle if all my photos of my iphone is about 200GB and my ipad storage is only about 64GB?

thanks for the help!

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Yes and No, Optimized iPad Storage is enabled by default. By the way, this is also the case on the iPhone.

This means that you will have access to a small version of your photos, which does not take up much space. The original version of your Photos will be securely stored in iCloud. But if the iPad has to handle thousands of small files, then it will take up some space, but with the above function activated, the iPad itself makes sure that it does not run wild.

Go to Settings -> Photos and make sure Optimized iPad Storage is enabled.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2021 8:46 AM in response to rozy13

Yes and No, Optimized iPad Storage is enabled by default. By the way, this is also the case on the iPhone.

This means that you will have access to a small version of your photos, which does not take up much space. The original version of your Photos will be securely stored in iCloud. But if the iPad has to handle thousands of small files, then it will take up some space, but with the above function activated, the iPad itself makes sure that it does not run wild.

Go to Settings -> Photos and make sure Optimized iPad Storage is enabled.

icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.