Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the VIPKID app safe?

My girlfriend is going to be teaching using the VIPKid application. I am a bit concerned about it since it is not in the App Store and has to be downloaded directly from the VIPKID website. I am concerned about malware or spyware. Does anyone have opinions about VIPKID application?

thanks

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 3:20 PM

rpers19 wrote:

My girlfriend is going to be teaching using the VIPKid application. I am a bit concerned about it since it is not in the App Store and has to be downloaded directly from the VIPKID website. I am concerned about malware or spyware. Does anyone have opinions about VIPKID application?

thanks

Just because it is not on the App store holds no weight.

Seems to me if it is the recommended teaching portal for her job— that it could be trusted.

Downloading from the Developer website is as direct as you can get.

Downloading from aggregator sites is typically wrought with extras— and not recommended.

https://www.vipkid.com/teach

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 3:20 PM in response to rpers19

rpers19 wrote:

thanks

Just because it is not on the App store holds no weight.

Seems to me if it is the recommended teaching portal for her job— that it could be trusted.

Downloading from the Developer website is as direct as you can get.

Downloading from aggregator sites is typically wrought with extras— and not recommended.

https://www.vipkid.com/teach

Is the VIPKID app safe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.