Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync ringtones

I have an iPhone that has been wiped and is being set back up again (the backup was corrupted, but we didn't know that until after we had done the wipe).

I have a batch of ringtones on my Mac that I am trying to copy to the phone. These are all files that were previously on the phone before the wipe.

Most google helps were for older information back when Tones was part of iTunes.

On "Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207955), near the bottom it says: If you have a custom ringtone on your computer that you want to move to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, sync your iOS or iPadOS device with your computer.

On that page, it just has generic information on how to sync a phone, but nothing on that page helps with getting ringtones onto the phone.

We've tried airdrop, email, and messenger and we can open and listen to the files on the phone, but they do not show up in the settings. There doesn't seem to be a way to add files to the "files" tab using Finder.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 5:31 PM

Ok, well, I am not sure what I did, but I did finally get the tones to show up in Settings.

I can't figure out how to cancel this post, so just replying to myself to say "Thanks!"

Similar questions

1 reply

Sync ringtones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.