Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBO Dowload Limit Reached -- Yet Nothing Downloaded

Hi. I was pleased to see that HBO via the Apple TV Channel allows downloads. This worked great, but then I hit the limit for the number of downloads it said. It didn't indicate the maximum number. This was fine, since I figured I'd watch what I downloaded and the re-load thereafter. Well, I have watched everything I downloaded, have deleted all the watched downloads, and yet the Apple TV app continues to tell me "HBO Download Limit Reached: to continue downloading, delete an episode or movie from HBO on one of your devices and try again."

I tried signing out of my account and signing back in, but no success.

I am still in the 7 day trial, so I don't know if this is a trial behavior or an overall bug. And downloads actually are the sole reason I would use the Apple TV version of HBO, so this matters to me.

Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 3:00 PM

Thanks. I spent a lot of time with Apple and HBO on this today. People are barely familiar with the Channels subscription option and once it’s explained to them, they are totally stumped. Even had the three-way call with Apple and HBO and they pointed the finger at each other. I talked to senior level reps at Apple. They have now left it that I need to do the same with senior level reps at HBO. Good luck to me figuring that out.

Pretty bad outcome... And remains unsolved...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 3:00 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks. I spent a lot of time with Apple and HBO on this today. People are barely familiar with the Channels subscription option and once it’s explained to them, they are totally stumped. Even had the three-way call with Apple and HBO and they pointed the finger at each other. I talked to senior level reps at Apple. They have now left it that I need to do the same with senior level reps at HBO. Good luck to me figuring that out.

Pretty bad outcome... And remains unsolved...

Jan 21, 2020 11:46 AM in response to MJHOKC

Here’s what finally fixed it for me... or that via pure coincidence resulted in resolution.

I went into downloads on every device on the family share to confirm no downloads from HBO anywhere. Once I did that I was able to download. It was almost like the act of opening up all the family connected Apple TV apps reported back to HBO or Apple that I was clear of all downloads. Hope that maybe works for you too?

HBO Dowload Limit Reached -- Yet Nothing Downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.