Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change my address in iPhone Contacts app . . .

When I change my own address in Contacts, it doesn't save. Keeps reverting to old addresses. I've moved three times in the last five years and there seems no way to tell my iPhone that I don't live in these older addresses any more.. So I deleted myself from Contacts. Seems the only way.

No wonder that when I'm using the Maps app and want directions for "Home" it keeps coming up with my old address in a completely different state.

Brilliant, Apple!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 9:17 AM

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 9:17 AM in response to George Hulseman

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Jan 13, 2020 9:29 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hey, thanks, SrankRa.

But honestly, if that's how Apple wants to do it, I'm not interested. I'll just start storing my addresses in a text document. It's a nice idea that my contacts would be available across my devices, but in reality, it has never worked very well. I don't use the Cloud for that reason.

I don't want Google to have my private info either.

Can't change my address in iPhone Contacts app . . .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.