You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 keeps changing my contacts default account from iCloud to one of my main email accounts

Recently, when I attempt to find a specific contact on my i{hone, I am often unable to locate it, especially after an os update. When I check my settings, my contacts default account has been changed from iCloud to one of my main email accounts. When I directly enter the person's number or find the business number online and call it, it registers as the name of the person or business. I have tried many fixes including switching contacts off and back on, going into the settings for contacts and changing the default account back to iCloud, then to make sure that it stays that way for awhile at least turning my phone off and then back on. Nothing seems to make it permanent.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 12:04 PM

Then the next step - Contact - Official Apple Support.

Similar questions

3 replies

iphone 7 keeps changing my contacts default account from iCloud to one of my main email accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.