some contacts names disappeared when i switched to a new iphone. Some contacts showed up, others were just their phone numbers.

I solved this after reading countless useless articles about shuttting down and toggling...

here's how:

some contacts disappeared when i switched to a new iphone. even those I had in my phone for two years. I searched for hours on how to make them come back and finally found it WASN'T JUST my apple id contacts that needed to be synched. I had a separate ICLOUD email that showed up as ***@icloud.com; once I added that to settings: mail: add account and synched those contacts with toggle i got everything back.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 10:50 AM

it's not just apple id that brings back your contacts. you MUST add your@icloud.com account that's not your hotmail or gmail or whatever your normal apple id sign on is; once I added the (never used for me) icloud login info to settings: mail: add account and synched those contacts with toggle i got everything back.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 10:50 AM in response to PortlandKJ

it's not just apple id that brings back your contacts. you MUST add your@icloud.com account that's not your hotmail or gmail or whatever your normal apple id sign on is; once I added the (never used for me) icloud login info to settings: mail: add account and synched those contacts with toggle i got everything back.

some contacts names disappeared when i switched to a new iphone. Some contacts showed up, others were just their phone numbers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.