Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts deleted after unsyncing email account

I removed an email account from my phone and I lost all newer contacts that I had added within the past year. My contacts were all on ICloud, and that's still my default account, why did I lose all recent contacts? Or how can I get them back? They weren't linking back to the email account, so I'm not really sure why I would lose the phone contacts.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 12:15 PM

I'm sorry, but it sounds exactly like those contacts were not in iCloud, but in the email account that you removed. Log into that email account in their web access and check to see if your contacts are there. If so, add the email account back to the phone and sync the contacts. After you have done that, try turning the contacts off, and you should be prompted to save them on your iPhone, and they should get added to your iCloud account. Then you can get rid of the email account again if you wish.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 12:15 PM in response to alyse257

I'm sorry, but it sounds exactly like those contacts were not in iCloud, but in the email account that you removed. Log into that email account in their web access and check to see if your contacts are there. If so, add the email account back to the phone and sync the contacts. After you have done that, try turning the contacts off, and you should be prompted to save them on your iPhone, and they should get added to your iCloud account. Then you can get rid of the email account again if you wish.

Contacts deleted after unsyncing email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.