Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Contacts

I deleted an old email account off my phone that I no longer use, and now half of my contacts have been deleted to. How do I get them back?

Posted on May 6, 2020 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 3:40 PM

Hello,

If your contacts were backed up the iCloud, you should be able to restore them:

iCloud: Restore your contacts, calendars and reminders, or bookmarks

However, it is possible that the missing contacts were tied to the old email account and weren't really iPhone "contacts." In that case, you should be able to add back your old email account to get those contacts back.

Good luck.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 3:40 PM in response to GemSGeorge

Hello,

If your contacts were backed up the iCloud, you should be able to restore them:

iCloud: Restore your contacts, calendars and reminders, or bookmarks

However, it is possible that the missing contacts were tied to the old email account and weren't really iPhone "contacts." In that case, you should be able to add back your old email account to get those contacts back.

Good luck.

Lost Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.