Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 apple ID s. I want to delete one and keep the other. How do I delete this one ID and keep the other?

I have 2 apple ID s. I want to delete one and keep the other. How do I delete this one ID and keep the other?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:55 AM

All purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to the ID. Delete the ID and you will need to download them using your new ID. Make sure you sign out from the places in the 4th link before deleting the ID.

How to delete your Apple ID account

Apple ID – How to Delete

Delete Apple ID (new)

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

If you want, you can keep the ID, and just stop using it. Then you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 10:55 AM in response to Fred Randy

All purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to the ID. Delete the ID and you will need to download them using your new ID. Make sure you sign out from the places in the 4th link before deleting the ID.

How to delete your Apple ID account

Apple ID – How to Delete

Delete Apple ID (new)

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

If you want, you can keep the ID, and just stop using it. Then you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.