Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

input monitoring, my iMac and Wacom tablet

I keep getting this message "Security settings prevented the Wacom Software from posting an event" which prevents me from using pen on Wacom tablet. I've followed the directions given to allow accessibility but it doesn't work. I recently upgraded to Mac Catalina and also updated Wacom Intuos Pro tablet. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, I'm not able to add any applications to "Input Monitoring" in the Security and Privacy panel.

Some advice, suggestions, help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 10:33 AM

Hey JeanneConw,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re having issues using your Wacom pen on your Mac due to security settings and I’d like to help.

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and select the Privacy tab. Under Accessibility option, do you see the Wacom app on that list? If yes, then try toggling that option by unchecking the box and then checking it again. 

If that doesn’t help, try removing the Wacom app under Accessibility by selecting the app and clicking on the minus tab below. You can add the app again by clicking on the plus tab. 

Once these steps has been done, go ahead and restart your Mac to try again. Here's a helpful resource as well: Safely open apps on your Mac

Let me know how it goes. 

Cheers!

Similar questions

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 10:33 AM in response to JeanneConw

Hey JeanneConw,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re having issues using your Wacom pen on your Mac due to security settings and I’d like to help.

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and select the Privacy tab. Under Accessibility option, do you see the Wacom app on that list? If yes, then try toggling that option by unchecking the box and then checking it again. 

If that doesn’t help, try removing the Wacom app under Accessibility by selecting the app and clicking on the minus tab below. You can add the app again by clicking on the plus tab. 

Once these steps has been done, go ahead and restart your Mac to try again. Here's a helpful resource as well: Safely open apps on your Mac

Let me know how it goes. 

Cheers!

Mar 5, 2020 10:26 PM in response to cp from OH

THANK YOU !!!! Wacom was totally useless. Once I removed all the Wacom bits from Accessibility by selecting each one, then hitting the minus button, cold started, moved the pen on the tablet I got request to add WacomIO driver, did that, then everything worked. Note that simply toggling these items off won't fix the problem, you have to actually remove them and add them back. I did not have to mess with Input Monitor at all, contrary to what Wacom said. Also of important note : I did new install on new machine. when you have the driver bits installed from previous OS version or imported via migration assistant, you don't have these Problems....

Apr 7, 2020 6:58 PM in response to JeanneConw

"Minus -" all the Wacom objects in accessibility (not just uncheck), unplug Wacom, restart Mac, plug back in Wacom, give permission to the Wacom IO driver in Privacy and Security, and it will work. What happens is if you do not do this within 30 minutes of installing the Wacom drivers, the IOManager from Wacom does a time out and you have to reset it.

Since Catalina has extra security, you have to follow the instructions strictly pertaining to input devices. It's mostly user error and not knowing how to use System Prefs properly the first time you install. You may have to go into Input Monitoring and check the Wacom Desktop Center and any Wacom drivers. The reason for the error is the IO Manager (responsible for logging) can't write to the log file and fails with a pop-up warning (yes, very annoying). I have done this for many of our employees Macs on Catalina and is nothing short of pure frustration. This will work.

Mar 24, 2020 5:24 AM in response to JeanneConw

To get this working, two options.

(1) (recommended for those that aren't overly Mac savvy):

(2) (if you want to hack around in the system directories):

For some reason the Wacom install cannot initiate permission requests for "Input Monitoring". But if some other app has done it first, then the Wacom install works.

May 15, 2020 11:11 AM in response to illegalAmigo

Same problem for me tried everything above. I managed to get it working by doing this

1. Open the Go menu once again and Type: /Library/Application Support/Tablet/ check there is the wacom tablet and touch drivers app files in there. I didn't originally have them and it was empty. I reinstalled the latest drivers many times and it still didn't add the files. I manually had to extract them into the folder direct from the driver .dmg file using a package utility. ( I used the utility "Suspicious Package" although I'm sure there are lots of others out there) Once in there you can do a quick check by running the driver direct from that location. After a minute it will show up in the wacom desktop centre.
  2. Install colour snapper 2.0 trial as per the above instructions and run it. although it didn't prompt to add into the input monitoring until after I ran the app and then opened via the icon in the menu bar. I could then drag and drop the driver apps into there from Library/Application Support/Tablet/ folder.
  3. I then reinstalled the drivers again over the top of what was there and restarted.

For me there appeared to be a number of permission denied errors behind the scenes when installing the latest drivers which is not adding all the required apps & driver files correctly. which I can only suspect is due to apples increased security and wacoms poor packaging of the app.

Apr 26, 2020 8:00 AM in response to JeanneConw

I have this problem as the post above with the Wacom Tablet, and tried all the suggestions, checking, unchecking deleting the app, reinstalling the app, with reboot on each try, and still getting the message about that security settings. Also I use Mahove 10.4.6. This is terribly frustrating. Please can you advise a solution.

Thanks,

Estee

input monitoring, my iMac and Wacom tablet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.