Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot ADD iPhone telephone number to my iPad to receive text messages

Both iPhone and iPad are using the same Apple ID and iCloud email address. HOWEVER, when I go into Messages on iPad, the available options do not match. IMessage on both is toggled to ON. Send Receive only shows phone # on iPhone, but does not show on iPad, NOR does it allow me to ADD an email or telephone number when I chose Edit. ALSO, the iPad does not have “Send as SMS” in the options. Etc. My iPad is not ancient. AND, it worked two days’ ago. HELP SORRY - THERE IS NO EDIT FEATURE AT ALL.

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 3:11 PM

Check Settings > Messages > Send & Receive on the iPad.

Is your Apple ID shown at the top? It should be.

You said the feature used to work on the iPad. What did you do in the interim? What model iPad? iPhone ? iOS version? iPadOS version?

Are restrictions on?

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 14, 2020 6:09 AM in response to sberman

Yes, as stated, both devices show the correct Apple ID and iCloud email address. I don’t know where “restrictions” would be? Apple did a factory reset on the iPhone the day it quit. Then the Apple IDs did NOT match. Best Buy showed me how to make sure they were the same, we did that together, and that didn’t seem to correct it. I have a tentative appointment with them this morning. THANK you :)

Cannot ADD iPhone telephone number to my iPad to receive text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.