Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up messages on my iPad to receive text messages from my phone number?

I am trying to send and receive messages on my iPad using my phone number. My phone and iPad are both logged in with the same Apple ID, but under send and receive messages on my iPad it doesn’t offer my phone number as an option to send and receive messages. I just used my new product session to find out why, we thought we had the problem fixed, but the phone number doesn’t show up. Help

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 11:29 AM

This should help get you going.

Set up Messages on iPad – Apple Support (AU)

and

Use Messages in iCloud – Apple Support (AU)

DO be aware that your iPad can’t send SMS texts except via your iPhone. It makes no difference even if your iPad has a SIM (or eSIM) either.

So after following the setup instructions, you’ll still need your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 11:29 AM in response to Lucy3868

This should help get you going.

Set up Messages on iPad – Apple Support (AU)

and

Use Messages in iCloud – Apple Support (AU)

DO be aware that your iPad can’t send SMS texts except via your iPhone. It makes no difference even if your iPad has a SIM (or eSIM) either.

So after following the setup instructions, you’ll still need your iPhone.

How do I set up messages on my iPad to receive text messages from my phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.