Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to create a new Apple ID on just one device, say my iPhone to purchase an app not available in Australia, even though several devices have the same Apple ID?

Is it possible to create a new Apple ID on just one device, say my iPhone to purchase an app that is not available in Australia, even if I have several devices with the same Apple ID? Ive tried to do it looking at various You Tube videos and reading advice from others, and I just get a message saying the App isn't available even though Ive changed regions. I'm wondering if I need to log out of all devices before trying to create a new Apple Id.

I'm wary to do this as everything is on that one Apple ID.

New Apple ID oneAdvice from those of you who are more tech savvy would be greatly appreciated

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 4:19 PM

You can create a new Apple ID for use in the App Store/iTunes on one device and then change regions for that Apple ID; however, if you purchase the app using that ID, it will be tied to that ID, and will only be available on that phone since the other devices won't be able to access that store to download the app.

You need a credit card issued by a bank in the country the store is in, and you need a billing address in that country.

Region - Change your iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store country or region

You shouldn't have to log out of the other devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 4:19 PM in response to JenniRenni

You can create a new Apple ID for use in the App Store/iTunes on one device and then change regions for that Apple ID; however, if you purchase the app using that ID, it will be tied to that ID, and will only be available on that phone since the other devices won't be able to access that store to download the app.

You need a credit card issued by a bank in the country the store is in, and you need a billing address in that country.

Region - Change your iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store country or region

You shouldn't have to log out of the other devices.

Is it possible to create a new Apple ID on just one device, say my iPhone to purchase an app not available in Australia, even though several devices have the same Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.