Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I don't see option to turn data roaming off?

I went to Mobile Data Options under settings, but I don’t see the data roaming switch to turn data roaming off/ on. I am using iPhone 6s on StarHub connection.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 8:28 PM

Hey there skhatri25,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you don’t see any option to turn roaming off on your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

To turn off data roaming plans, open Settings and tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Turn off Cellular Data, then tap Cellular Data Options and turn off Data Roaming. You can read more about this here:

About cellular data roaming options for your iPhone and iPad

If you don’t see this option check for a carrier settings update for your iPhone:

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Then restart your iPhone and try again:

Restart your iPhone

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 8:28 PM in response to skhatri25

Hey there skhatri25,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you don’t see any option to turn roaming off on your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

To turn off data roaming plans, open Settings and tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Turn off Cellular Data, then tap Cellular Data Options and turn off Data Roaming. You can read more about this here:

About cellular data roaming options for your iPhone and iPad

If you don’t see this option check for a carrier settings update for your iPhone:

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Then restart your iPhone and try again:

Restart your iPhone

I hope this helps.

Why I don't see option to turn data roaming off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.