Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block contacts on my child’s phone

Is there a way to limit contacts on my child’s iPhone? I only want her to be able to text and call family and a list I choose and not be able to add contacts

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 11:44 AM

You can restrict who can be contacted during downtime, but not at other times. Your carrier may offer a whitelist capability for calling and text messaging, but it would not apply to iMessages (although you could turn off iMessage) and would not apply to any other messaging apps (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Google Duo, etc).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 11:44 AM in response to Momof32014.

You can restrict who can be contacted during downtime, but not at other times. Your carrier may offer a whitelist capability for calling and text messaging, but it would not apply to iMessages (although you could turn off iMessage) and would not apply to any other messaging apps (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Google Duo, etc).

Block contacts on my child’s phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.