Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gray screen with white dismiss button at the bottom

Hi,

There's this gray screen with white dismiss button on my Iphone 11 that randomly pops out and I do not know what caused it.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 8:55 AM

Hi Rpkkol,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone is showing a gray screen with a white Dismiss button at the bottom, and you'd like to stop it from appearing.

I'm glad to help with this.

A good first step whenever anything is not behaving as you expect, is to restart the iPhone using “slide to power off”, which can often clear up issues. This explains how: Restart your iPhone 

If you still see this screen after restarting, share some more details, such as:

• What app or feature are you using when this appears.
  • What happens when you tap on dismiss
  • Which iPhone and exact version of iOS you have

Best Regards.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 8:55 AM in response to Rpkkol

Hi Rpkkol,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone is showing a gray screen with a white Dismiss button at the bottom, and you'd like to stop it from appearing.

I'm glad to help with this.

A good first step whenever anything is not behaving as you expect, is to restart the iPhone using “slide to power off”, which can often clear up issues. This explains how: Restart your iPhone 

If you still see this screen after restarting, share some more details, such as:

• What app or feature are you using when this appears.
  • What happens when you tap on dismiss
  • Which iPhone and exact version of iOS you have

Best Regards.

Feb 1, 2020 1:27 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi, this is happening with my iPhone 7 Plus too. Restarted phone and made no difference. It’s been going on since I sent the port text to switch my phones network. Doesn’t happy consistently happens when I go to dial a number, on apps such as games and Facebook and reading texts, just pops up. Before I had it and it was listing functions :s said something like accepted with a long list. White writing. Please help as only had my phone 2 years

Gray screen with white dismiss button at the bottom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.