Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook air

I need a simple word document for writing letters, is there anything other than notes or do I have to purchase Microsoft word for Macs. Presently my Mac has been upgraded to Catalina

MacBook

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 2:19 PM

Apple’s office suite (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) are free. You can install them from the App Store app on your Mac. They are mostly compatible with MS Office apps, unless you are using the more exotic features of the MS apps.

Another option is the free open source LibreOffice. It is much more powerful than Apple’s apps if you need advanced features.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 2:19 PM in response to jnscts

Apple’s office suite (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) are free. You can install them from the App Store app on your Mac. They are mostly compatible with MS Office apps, unless you are using the more exotic features of the MS apps.

Another option is the free open source LibreOffice. It is much more powerful than Apple’s apps if you need advanced features.

MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.