Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is web rtc and is it safe to un-check legacy rtc api

Safari has been quitting unexpectedly lately as well as service workers. I found in Develop that a lot of experimental items were checked and from similar questions, seemed safe to uncheck them as I am not a developer. WebRTC is also checked for legacy webRTC API. Do I need that? I do not recall checking anything in the develop category. I am using version 11.1.2. System too old to upgrade further.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 8:49 PM

dominic23 - Done. No problems with Safari, seems all is fine. I have nothing in Develop checked now; I have no idea how various elements got checked. Maybe they were there for a long time and I just never noticed. Thanks for your help.

2 replies

What is web rtc and is it safe to un-check legacy rtc api

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.