Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

late 2013 imac hard drive failure

will an apple store put a new hard drive in my late 2013, 27" IMac - how do I make an appointment?

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 8:18 PM

They may. This link to Apple Repair services should get you started.

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check

5 replies

Jan 15, 2020 10:48 AM in response to ponchio

Some additional things to consider. Some iMacs can have their HD's replaced and some can not. (Same for RAM.) I had a 2013 iMac which could not, so I decided to replace it. You can use the "About This Mac" under the Apple menu to get your Mac's model and serial number. Then the Apple support site has a link which will tell you if your unit is able to be upgraded or not. If you can not replace your unit, consider attaching an external drive with a current OS and run off of it.

Incidentally, today's drives are so large, you can also first partition it into two partitions and use the second (larger) partition for backing up your files. I personally do that and I like to keep my external OS separate, although that is certainly not necessary. Good luck.

late 2013 imac hard drive failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.