Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus mic not working for siri

My iPhone microphone not working with Siri I can make voice notes video calls but Siri doesn’t hear me I can plug in earphones and works fine but not when when using phone mic hello Siri or home button Siri asks how can I help with home button but doesn’t hear me

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 8:52 PM

Perhaps this article willl help:

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

where it says: If Siri can't hear you, make sure that the receiver and front microphone on top of your iPhone aren't covered or dirty.

9 replies

Jan 14, 2020 9:08 PM in response to ledge69

iPhone has different mics responsible for different things.

The one that works for Siri and front-facing videos is placed under the speaker grill. So it sounds like that it’s broken, cause you said that hear your voice on a recorded video.

One thing to try before going to the Authorized Service Provider is to restore your iPhone to factory settings and set up as new and test.

But I bet it will be a waste of time, so if I were you, I’d show up at a Genius Bar or the nearest AASP.

iPhone 7 Plus mic not working for siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.