Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max iOS 13 issue on search

Recently updated an iPhone XS Max to 13.3 and since the update, on a random basis, when I pull down on the home screen for the search function, type in a contact name and select the one I want to view the contact card, the screen freezes. The only way to resolve this is to reboot the device. Other times it does work without an issue though

Other devices on the same iOS have no issue. Is this something someone has experienced before? Perhaps a reset of device and restore my backup?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 3:31 AM

Have you already tried also a "Forced" of your XS Max?:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If you get no improvements, yes, make a full backup then restore data from that backup.

If the issue still persists, something could have gone wrong during the update process, so I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS by restoring your device to factory settings and, in the end, setting it up as new:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done, test it for a while. If it's okay, then restore data form your previously made backup:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 3:31 AM in response to JaySchwenk24

Have you already tried also a "Forced" of your XS Max?:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If you get no improvements, yes, make a full backup then restore data from that backup.

If the issue still persists, something could have gone wrong during the update process, so I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS by restoring your device to factory settings and, in the end, setting it up as new:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done, test it for a while. If it's okay, then restore data form your previously made backup:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Regards

Giulio

iPhone XS Max iOS 13 issue on search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.