Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 4 fails to count calories

As of Sunday, my Apple watch is barely counting Move calories. It worked on Saturday and then stopped. Generally this happens if there's an update but on this occasion, no update. I've unpaired and repaired, I've calibrated, I've done absolutely everything to no avail. It's pretty demoralising to see that my Move calorie counter says 14 calories. And then my Watch has the gall to alert me and say that I'm normally a lot further down the road than that at this time of the day! Yes, I generally am! Any thoughts? Help?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 2:09 AM

Thanks. I actually spoke to someone from support who was super helpful. It transpired that the Health section within the Watch app had changed my weight form 57kg to 5kg! Once I changed it back, it worked and continues to track normally. They were concerned that this just seem to happen - it happened once before but was around an iOS update. So, lesson is to make sure that your weight doesn’t make you look like you’re a small child exercising!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 2:09 AM in response to Jordan_Bedford

Thanks. I actually spoke to someone from support who was super helpful. It transpired that the Health section within the Watch app had changed my weight form 57kg to 5kg! Once I changed it back, it worked and continues to track normally. They were concerned that this just seem to happen - it happened once before but was around an iOS update. So, lesson is to make sure that your weight doesn’t make you look like you’re a small child exercising!

Apple Watch 4 fails to count calories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.