Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification code

Dear sir and madam

I am trying to log in to App Store with my Apple ID.

After that, I have received the following message:

An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices.

of course I have received the verification code on my Iphone, but there is no "place" on my macbook to fill the code in?

Please help.

Thanks a lot!

Hande

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 6:25 AM

You are welcome. Once you get the code, try selecting another category at the top, such as Top Charts, to see if you get Welcome under Quick Links. Click that and sign in again adding the code after the password (no spaces).

Or try quitting/reopening the App Store, and sign in again adding the code after the password (no spaces).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 6:25 AM in response to hande1992

You are welcome. Once you get the code, try selecting another category at the top, such as Top Charts, to see if you get Welcome under Quick Links. Click that and sign in again adding the code after the password (no spaces).

Or try quitting/reopening the App Store, and sign in again adding the code after the password (no spaces).

Verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.