Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad wifi

I noticed that when looking under the learn more aspect of iPads there was a wifi option and a wifi + cellular plan. What do these mean? Am I paying for wifi?

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 5:52 PM

Hello,

iPad is offered in two configurations. A model that only has a Wi-Fi modem and a model that has both a Wi-Fi and cellular modem. This means that you can get an iPad model which would allow you to subscribe to cellular data directly on the device without needing a home Wi-Fi network.

With your question “am I paying for Wi-Fi”: You are paying a monthly fee with your internet service provider already to have an internet connection in your home. Connecting an iPad to your Wi-Fi network will not result in an additional monthly charge.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 5:52 PM in response to Ethan16707

Hello,

iPad is offered in two configurations. A model that only has a Wi-Fi modem and a model that has both a Wi-Fi and cellular modem. This means that you can get an iPad model which would allow you to subscribe to cellular data directly on the device without needing a home Wi-Fi network.

With your question “am I paying for Wi-Fi”: You are paying a monthly fee with your internet service provider already to have an internet connection in your home. Connecting an iPad to your Wi-Fi network will not result in an additional monthly charge.

iPad wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.