Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pop-up says "accountsd wants to use the "login" keychain

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 on my MacBookPro. It doesn't seem to take any password I enter, including login I use to open my Mac. If I cancel it, it just reappears. Also getting pop ups saying "cloudd wants to use the "login" keychain."

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 8:53 AM

lthroop wrote:

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 on my MacBookPro. It doesn't seem to take any password I enter, including login I use to open my Mac. If I cancel it, it just reappears. Also getting pop ups saying "cloudd wants to use the "login" keychain."

Verify you don't have the padlock closed on Keychain Access.app or the result is manually you have to OK.

The Keychain password is the original admin password for the account. Even if you change admin psswd this dows not change Keychain psswd.

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 8:53 AM in response to lthroop

lthroop wrote:

Verify you don't have the padlock closed on Keychain Access.app or the result is manually you have to OK.

The Keychain password is the original admin password for the account. Even if you change admin psswd this dows not change Keychain psswd.

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password ...

pop-up says "accountsd wants to use the "login" keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.