Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Photos on my Macbook keeps saying restoring from icloud?

Why does Photos on my Mac keeps saying restoring from icloud at the bottom of the screen in photos?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 3:59 PM

I also had this message showing (Restoring from iCloud...) at the bottom of the screen after repairing my photos library on Catalina. There were no signs of progress anywhere but I decided to wait. After about 4 days the message disappeared and all was well again. I remember restarting my computer once during this period. The size of my library is about 500GB.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 3:59 PM in response to joanbev

I also had this message showing (Restoring from iCloud...) at the bottom of the screen after repairing my photos library on Catalina. There were no signs of progress anywhere but I decided to wait. After about 4 days the message disappeared and all was well again. I remember restarting my computer once during this period. The size of my library is about 500GB.

Why does Photos on my Macbook keeps saying restoring from icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.