Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access the photos I have stored in the cloud to delete some and free up some space?

How do I clear old photos off the cloud to free up storage?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 5:37 PM

The photos in iCloud are in synchronization with your iPhone. The photos that you see on your iPhone are the photos that appear in iCloud. If you delete a photo on your iPhone then it will also be deleted on iCloud and vice versa.

If you do not mind losing your photos then you can delete them directly on your iPhone and they will automatically be deleted in iCloud as well. If you do not want to lose any photos then the best option is to move the photos to your computer first then delete them on your iPhone and free up the space.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 5:37 PM in response to my.ra

The photos in iCloud are in synchronization with your iPhone. The photos that you see on your iPhone are the photos that appear in iCloud. If you delete a photo on your iPhone then it will also be deleted on iCloud and vice versa.

If you do not mind losing your photos then you can delete them directly on your iPhone and they will automatically be deleted in iCloud as well. If you do not want to lose any photos then the best option is to move the photos to your computer first then delete them on your iPhone and free up the space.

Axel F.

How do I access the photos I have stored in the cloud to delete some and free up some space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.