Refresh/purge photos

I’ve gone through my pictures and videos and deleted several. How do I upload them to the cloud without having to pay extra for the space. Many that were already saved were deleted and so my cloud should have free space. How do I get this to happen? I don’t want a bunch of old pictures and documents saved and taking up space.

iPhone 12

Posted on May 24, 2023 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 7:48 PM

Downgrade the storage plan to free 5GB Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

The old pictures / documents can be erased from iCloud storage else you can also manage iCloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

2 replies

May 24, 2023 7:55 PM in response to Toriwells

Toriwells Said:

"Refresh/purge photos: How do I get this to happen? I don’t want a bunch of old pictures and documents saved and taking up space"

-------

Download All of iCloud, First:

Prior to trashing it all, download all of iCloud. That way you will not lose any data. Searsh through the download using the searchbar in the top-right corner of a Finder window. Trash what has benne downloaded. then, upload as desired. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Refresh/purge photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.