Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing videos

Hello, I just upgraded from the iPhone 6S Plus to the iPhone 11 Pro Max and I am having a very hard time importing the videos from the iPhone 11 to my MacBook. The videos either have an error message saying they are incompatible or they are extremely choppy when you play them back. I need to save the videos onto my external hard drive to clear space on my phone but I am afraid to delete the videos from my phone until I can ensure they will be able to be viewed without issue. Help!!!!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 11:01 PM

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. 

If you don’t use iCloud Photos on your Mac, you can sync your Mac and a connected iPhone or iPad to transfer photos. See Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad.

Learn what to do if you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 11:01 PM in response to brittni241

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. 

If you don’t use iCloud Photos on your Mac, you can sync your Mac and a connected iPhone or iPad to transfer photos. See Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad.

Learn what to do if you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

Importing videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.