Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Word "On My iPad" folder creation

Using MS Word on a iPad Pro 10.5" (Wi-Fi), I seemed to have lost the ability to create folders in the "On My iPad" section under "Other Locations". I have have some older folders there which I created previously, but can no longer create new folders, rename old folders, or move documents between them. These are files that I cannot put on OneDrive, Dropbox, or in other cloud storage service locations.

Did something change in either an app or iOS update? Please tell me I am not imagining things. I checked previous thread here and on MS support communities, but haven't found anything that provided a definitive answer other than "use OneDrive" which isn't an option for me in this instance.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 12:55 PM

Tap on Files App in your screen shot. The on the window that opens up, if it opens in Recents, tap Browse at the bottom. Tap on Locations and make sure On My iPad is selected. Then tap on the blue folder icon with the + sign at the top left corner of the screen to make a new folder.

You should be able to navigate into the Word folder if you want to create a new folder inside Word.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 12:55 PM in response to coux

Tap on Files App in your screen shot. The on the window that opens up, if it opens in Recents, tap Browse at the bottom. Tap on Locations and make sure On My iPad is selected. Then tap on the blue folder icon with the + sign at the top left corner of the screen to make a new folder.

You should be able to navigate into the Word folder if you want to create a new folder inside Word.

Jan 17, 2020 8:57 AM in response to coux

Don't rememer if it was possible from there. But in my case, I have always tapped on "More...", which in your case it appears it replaced by "Files App" for some reason, and then on Locations.

You can tap on the little folder icon with the + sign there to create a new folder anywhere you want to, including in the On My iPad location. It should then appear there for you to use.

MS Word "On My iPad" folder creation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.