Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I’ve forgotten my restrictions passcode on my son’s iPhone. Is there anyway to reset it there on his phone?

Hello to all. I have forgotten the restrictions passcode that I had placed on my son’s iPhone and iPad, and I need to unlock it in order to get him an app that he will be needing for school. How can I go about resetting this passcode?

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 10:48 AM

The only option you have is to erase it using Find My iPhone or by forcing it into recovery mode and restoring iOS using iTunes.

Then set it up as a NEW device.

Do NOT restore a backup of the phone. The restriction settings are contained in the backup. If you restore the phone from a backup, you'll end up right back where you started.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 10:48 AM in response to 1Jesus25

The only option you have is to erase it using Find My iPhone or by forcing it into recovery mode and restoring iOS using iTunes.

Then set it up as a NEW device.

Do NOT restore a backup of the phone. The restriction settings are contained in the backup. If you restore the phone from a backup, you'll end up right back where you started.

Hello, I’ve forgotten my restrictions passcode on my son’s iPhone. Is there anyway to reset it there on his phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.