Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix on Mac

Alright,

I am unsure if I am using this forum post as a correct way of suggesting an idea to Apple or attempting to bring attention to it.

However- this has been something which has puzzled me for quite awhile in terms of why it has not been made available.

Netflix is available on every Apple Device(excluding apple watch), it is an app I widely use to watch shows, switching back and forth between Apple TV. I am just curious on why such a big streaming service is not available for Mac's? Mac users paid over 1,000GBP/USD for their device to be missing a simplistic feature which cheaper devices use.

It is more a hassle when travelling as I want efficiency to bring my laptop for work and entertainment purposes as it hosts an amazing screen, but it restricts me to only Apple TV as Netflix is not an option(without going via 3rd party dodgy sites). So travelling has now required me to bring an iPad for entertainment and Mac for work.

I know it is small but it makes one thing easier especially when travelling, I just thought if we can wirelessly charge phones or program the tiniest earbuds then why can we not have a basic app, when apps have been downloaded in the beginning generations.

Let me know what you think.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 1:33 PM

It is available on Macs. But you simply access it through Netflix's own website. https://netflix.com.

As to why Netflix has not made an App for Mac, its unknown. Only they Netflix can tell you why this is.

Apple has no real say in what Netflix, a completely independent company, decides to make or not make for their devices.

As such, best course of action is to contact Netflix directly and ask them why they have no App for Mac: Access Netflix on your Mac - Netflix.com

Your jumble of words does not mention downloading Netflix content at all. But again, any such feature is exclusively the responsibilty of Netflix to provide. Apple has no say in what an independent company chooses to provide or not.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 1:33 PM in response to dalzeller

It is available on Macs. But you simply access it through Netflix's own website. https://netflix.com.

As to why Netflix has not made an App for Mac, its unknown. Only they Netflix can tell you why this is.

Apple has no real say in what Netflix, a completely independent company, decides to make or not make for their devices.

As such, best course of action is to contact Netflix directly and ask them why they have no App for Mac: Access Netflix on your Mac - Netflix.com

Your jumble of words does not mention downloading Netflix content at all. But again, any such feature is exclusively the responsibilty of Netflix to provide. Apple has no say in what an independent company chooses to provide or not.

Netflix on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.