New MacBook Pro, but no streaming apps available?

I bought a new M3 MacBook Pro a few days ago, switching over from Windows. I have an iPhone, iPad with Magic Keyboard, Apple TVs, AirTags, and I'm very comfortable with all of them.

The MacBook is another story. 😖

I'd like to get my apps back, but it seems most of them don't exist. Particularly the streaming apps. No Netflix, Paramount +, MAX/HBO, etc. So far, the only one I've found is Prime Video.

There's got to be an easier way. It's so frustrating, I'm considering returning the Mack book and sticking with the iPad with Magic Keyboard.

MacBook Pro (M3, 2023)

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 9:30 AM

Many, many, many app developers create apps for mobile devices (iPhone, iPads, Android phones and tablets) but not for computers. They typically offer functionality similar to the apps in internet browsers on a computer. That's never been an issue for me as the functionality is the same for the apps that I use.

There are also apps that are available on Macs that are not available on mobile devices as well as apps that have better functionality on Macs.

If you return your Mac, be aware that if you purchased it directly from Apple (Apple Store or Apple online) the normal return period is 14 days but there is currently an extended holiday return policy for purchases made between Nov 3 and Dec 25. See: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If you purchased from an Authorized Reseller, check with them for their policy.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2023 9:30 AM in response to buttercupkelley

Many, many, many app developers create apps for mobile devices (iPhone, iPads, Android phones and tablets) but not for computers. They typically offer functionality similar to the apps in internet browsers on a computer. That's never been an issue for me as the functionality is the same for the apps that I use.

There are also apps that are available on Macs that are not available on mobile devices as well as apps that have better functionality on Macs.

If you return your Mac, be aware that if you purchased it directly from Apple (Apple Store or Apple online) the normal return period is 14 days but there is currently an extended holiday return policy for purchases made between Nov 3 and Dec 25. See: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If you purchased from an Authorized Reseller, check with them for their policy.

New MacBook Pro, but no streaming apps available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.