Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Call Quality.

My wife drives a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and she hates it with a passion because of the Bluetooth call quality! Her phone is an IPhone 6 Plus and it is up to date, she does have an Iwatch but rarely wears it. The call quality is pretty bad especially when she is driving on the freeway, it is garbled at best! Her friends all say the same, she hears everybody fine, we can’t understand a word she says and she is very frustrated! She is convinced it’s a software issue on the car. What’s funny is I am driving a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander with an IPhone 7 Plus and I don’t have any issues! But my Outlander has a different entertainment center than hers, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 7:30 AM

If it works well in your car and the device pairs in hers, I would have to say there is something about her setup that is causing the issue. You can try your device in her car to test, but I'm guessing there is either an update that needs to be done on her system, or there is another problem with her system. If you have to take it to a Subaru dealer, explain how you have tested it, and that it works fine in your car, and then the results of your phone in her car.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 7:30 AM in response to britman98

If it works well in your car and the device pairs in hers, I would have to say there is something about her setup that is causing the issue. You can try your device in her car to test, but I'm guessing there is either an update that needs to be done on her system, or there is another problem with her system. If you have to take it to a Subaru dealer, explain how you have tested it, and that it works fine in your car, and then the results of your phone in her car.

Jan 17, 2020 3:31 PM in response to britman98

There are a lot of factors that contribute to call quality when on Bluetooth. It can be the car, what version of Bluetooth profile it supports, if the vehicle's system has been updated, the same for the iPhone. The iPhone 6 is a 5 year old device and does not have the latest Bluetooth profile on it, since it cannot update past iOS 12.4.4. Cellular signal strength can also be an issue, so it is difficult to say a single thing to identify. Has your wife tried her phone in your car? Does it make a difference?

Bluetooth Call Quality.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.