You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam Report

Today, I had received an email with the header "Update" and titled "Support."

This email read:

"Your account has been recently accessed from a suspicious location.

Your account has been suspended due to suspicious activity. Please log in immediately.

If you do not check this message until the specified deadline, your account will be permanently locked. Please check your account by clicking the login button."

I know this was fake because:

1. I've only been in 2 places this past week: my work and my home.
  2. There was no location or deadline stated.
  3. No device was stated.
  4. I rarely log in to my account.
  5. The email doesn't match up with the business.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 5:10 PM

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2020 5:10 PM in response to Anonymous5700

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Scam Report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.