Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra installation

Just installe High Sierra on a macBookPro and it didn’t install. I was able to reboot to the previous OS, but what’s the deal? Is there a fix? Do I wait for another High Sierra OS? Not sure if I need to fix something on my mac or wait for an apple update. Would love some direction or recommendations.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 9:10 PM

So tell us what happened. Did you go to the App Store High Sierra page and click on Get to start the download.

This should download Install macOS High Sierra.app to your Applications folder, the full installer is around 5.23GBs.

Double-click to start the installation process. If it is a partial download then move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router using a cabled connection. Restart your mac, click on the link below

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

go to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 9:10 PM in response to carol357

So tell us what happened. Did you go to the App Store High Sierra page and click on Get to start the download.

This should download Install macOS High Sierra.app to your Applications folder, the full installer is around 5.23GBs.

Double-click to start the installation process. If it is a partial download then move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router using a cabled connection. Restart your mac, click on the link below

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

go to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading.

Jan 18, 2020 11:03 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Thank you, ER, for the quick reply. I get a prompt in the right-hand corner of my screen notifying me of updates, as you know. I clicked it to begin the download and installation and restart. At some point, not sure where in the process, the HS screen came up with a message that it could not complete installation and to restart. Each restart prompted the same so I rebooted to the previous OS. In the past I haven’t done anything other than download and install. There were no instructions indicated.

I will do what you’ve suggested above and thank you. Shall I report back :)?

High Sierra installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.