Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Sound Notifications When iPhone 11 is Locked.

I have tried everything I know, plus what I could find online, but I’m stumped and could use some help. All sound notifications work when the iPhone is unlocked, but not when locked, the phone call sound notifications come through for both locked and unlocked and I toggled off the Group iMessage setting, just in case. I do not know if will make a difference, but my iPhone is paired to my Apple Watch which vibrates when notifications come in. My iPhone is updated with 13.3. Any further suggestions? Thanks, Rick

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 2:22 PM

Hello Rick9948,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you have a question about Notifications. I'm happy to help you find some information.

"Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch." Here a resource that can assist you with information:

Notifications on your Apple Watch

If you are still having issues after reviewing the link, please let me know.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 2:22 PM in response to Rick9948

Hello Rick9948,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you have a question about Notifications. I'm happy to help you find some information.

"Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch." Here a resource that can assist you with information:

Notifications on your Apple Watch

If you are still having issues after reviewing the link, please let me know.

Have a great day!

No Sound Notifications When iPhone 11 is Locked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.