Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time machine

Hello people

I recently sold my Mac book pro and before I did , I backed up everything via time machine to an external disc as I couldn’t back up my pictures and music onto I cloud. Now, I didn’t manage to back up my photos and music onto I cloud only on the external disc but I would now like to access ( the photos & music ) via the external disc onto my I pad pro, kindly assist with any ideas or solutions please.

Thank you

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 11:38 PM

Unfortunately, you won't be able to access your Time Machine backup from an iOS device to access these files. If these files were not already in iCloud, then they won't be available to your iPad.

One option is acquire (buy or borrow) another Mac. Use Migration Assistant to restore these files to this Mac. Then sync these files with iCloud. If you do not have enough storage in your iCloud Drive, you can upgrade it. If you don't want to do that, you can then try copying the required files from the Mac to an external drive ... not using Time Machine.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 11:38 PM in response to SkipperNB

Unfortunately, you won't be able to access your Time Machine backup from an iOS device to access these files. If these files were not already in iCloud, then they won't be available to your iPad.

One option is acquire (buy or borrow) another Mac. Use Migration Assistant to restore these files to this Mac. Then sync these files with iCloud. If you do not have enough storage in your iCloud Drive, you can upgrade it. If you don't want to do that, you can then try copying the required files from the Mac to an external drive ... not using Time Machine.

time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.