Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I back up two different Macs to one icloud account?

Hello all. I have an iMac and an iPhone with 2Tb iCloud backup. I would like to back my wife's Macbook up to the same storage account as I don't use all of it. Can I do this?

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 8:36 AM

Apple offers iCloud Backup for iPhones and other iOS devices but not for Macs. I suspect that you are referring to syncing to iCloud Drive. That offers some features that a backup offers but not all (e.g., if you accidentally delete or change a file, that is immediately and automatically synced; while there is a 30 day period to recover it, that won't help if you don't notice in time).

If you want to share the iCloud Storage plan, see the following: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Reds Fan

Apple offers iCloud Backup for iPhones and other iOS devices but not for Macs. I suspect that you are referring to syncing to iCloud Drive. That offers some features that a backup offers but not all (e.g., if you accidentally delete or change a file, that is immediately and automatically synced; while there is a 30 day period to recover it, that won't help if you don't notice in time).

If you want to share the iCloud Storage plan, see the following: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

Can I back up two different Macs to one icloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.